As women, we are no strangers to make up. Many of us even do make up every day. While choosing the right brushes for applying make up is very important, I must say keeping your brushes clean is equally important so they will last and you can use it for years to come. Besides, if you do not clean your brushes regularly, all the dirt and oil accumulated on your brushes will lead to clogged pores and breakouts. Clean brushes help keeping bacteria off your face.
There are many ways to clean your brushes. There are variety of brush cleansers available on the market. But I’m here to share with you my simple and uncomplicated way of cleansing my make up brushes.
What do you need ?
- Your dirty brushes
- Baby shampoo (A mild liquid soap will do, too.)
- A Towel
- Brush Cleansing Pad (if you have one)
Now, let’s start!
- Pour baby shampoo on a container.
2. Coat your brushes with baby shampoo.
3. Wet the pad with water then scrub your brush onto the cleansing pad carefully until all make up product comes off the brush.
If you don’t have one of those pads, don’t worry, you can just swirl your brushes on the palm of your hand.
However, it will take much longer to take the make up off your brushes. So, I really recommend you to get a brush cleansing pad. It really is a life saver!
4. Rinse the bristle with water (Do not soak your brush!) and squeeze the excess water out of the brush.
5. Lay your brushes flat on a towel. Let them air-dried over night.
That’s it! I’m sure everybody can do that. Applying make up with clean tools always feels good.