From the title of this post, you must have guessed what we’re talking about this time. Yes! FEATHERS! Incorporating feathers into fashion has been practiced for thousands of years. Nowadays, feathers are no longer just for haute couture and costumes. They have gone mainstream, you can find them on the street adorning clothes, jewelry and even shoes. Me likey!
PS : Since I am an animal lover, I encourage you to stay with the faux (fur, feather, etc) – unless you can make sure the material is obtained from an animal that died naturally.
I’m obsessed with anything feathery, furry, fluffy, glittery, so here we go…
Feathered Top – found it for $5 in a vintage shop
Glitter Skirt – Self-made
Bag & Charm – I designed and created it with materials from local artisans (available @swurlofficial Instagram page).
Here is another inspiration for feathery outfit :
- Michael Kors Collection cashmere blend sweater – currently on 60% SALE – $523 (link here).
- She In Feather Trim Statement Earrings – only $4 (link here).
- Giuseppe Zanotti Peacock Feather 105mm Sandals (link here).
- Alexander McQueen Feather Stole – also on SALE (link here).
- Endless Rose Feather Embellishment dress – reduced to $50 (link here).
- Inc International Concepts Milaa Feather Clutch (sold at Macy’s).
- Dries van Noten Feather Necklace – on 25% SALE (link here).
- Alice + Olivia Cina Black Feather mini skirt (link here).
- Rosantica Women Faggio Feathered Necklace (link here).
I hope you enjoyed this post. Another special post about feathered shoes options here, especially for you shoeholics (because I am, too!).
Fly high with your feathers!